The position of UWSP Assistant Football Coach reports directly to the Head Football Coach and indirectly to the Athletic Director. This position will be responsible for coaching a defensive position with linebacker coaching experience preferred, coordination of the defense, assisting with special team coordination, recruiting high-quality students to UWSP, monitoring of student-athlete academics, assisting with off-season training programs, assisting with camps & clinics, assisting with fund-raising and other duties assigned by the Head Football Coach. The Athletic Director will also assign other Athletic Departmental duties to this position.
-At least 2 years of previous football coaching experience NFL/NCAA/NAIA with defensive line or defensive backs
Knowledge of and ability to learn HUDL, Front Rush, Excel, and other recruiting software packages and applications
- Personal integrity & discipline associated with being a professional football coach
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a high work ethic
- Must be a team-oriented person
Master's Degree or higher
- CSCS / SCCC Certified or other NCAA recognized professional strength certification
- Extensive knowledge of defensive football in either defensive line or defensive back position
- Previous Special Teams Coordinator experience
- Ability to articulate & teach the game of football to players
-Demonstrated ability as a strong mentor or role model for players
- Proven commitment to and understanding of NCAA III intercollegiate athletics
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and WIAC rules and regulations
- Previous regional recruiting experience in WI, IL, MI, MN, IA, or other Midwest states
- Previous experience leading Football Strength & Conditioning programs
- Ability to program, lead and instruct team strength & conditioning activities
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. To return to a draft application, click on the “My Activities” link at the top of the screen after logging in. Once you click on Submit Application, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. After submitting the application, you will receive an Application Confirmation email from the application system. Refer to the “How to Apply” document for more information.
Files must be complete to be considered. Submission in PDF format is preferred for all attachments. Please include the following documents: - Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience - Resume - Contact information for three professional references (Official Transcripts required of finalist) Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Division of Athletics. http://athletics.uwsp.edu/index.aspx?path.
Recently ranked in the Top 10 Public Universities in the Midwest by US News and World Report, UWSP provides challenging academics and a rich array of extra-curricular opportunities within a supportive regional community. Committed to developing global citizens, UWSP has a strong focus on sustainability, and engages the highest percentage of students in study abroad within the University of Wisconsin System. For more about UWSP visit: http://www.uwsp.edu
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, part of the University of Wisconsin System, is a leading four-year comprehensive institution located in scenic Central Wisconsin. Approximately 9,300 students are enrolled with a student faculty ratio of 20:1 in the classroom. While primarily serving undergraduates through a variety of baccalaureate programs, UW-Stevens Point also offers several master's level graduate programs and an applied doctoral degree (Au.D.) in audiology. The 406-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities and the Schmeeckle Nature Reserve. The university has a strong focus on sustainability initiatives... and has been named one of the nation’s green universities by The Princeton Review. The university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Visit www.uwsp.edu for more information about UW-Stevens Point.