The Coordinator of Ticket Sales & Operations is responsible for developing, maintaining, and increasing season ticket and group sales for football, men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball and softball. Revenue will be generated via phone calls, prospecting new business and program ideas, referrals, cross-selling season and partial ticket plans, face-to-face presentations and in-game appointments with a strong focus on relational selling and customer retention.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Reporting to the Deputy Athletic Director, responsibilities of this position include:
1. Manages ticketing spreadsheets, databases, ticket holder contact information and ticketing history.
2. Executes the sale and allocation of season tickets, premium seating, group seats, individual tickets and parking.
3. Develops sales strategies, procedures and processes for training, accountability and consistency purposes. Manages graduate assistants and student workers.
4. Works closely with marketing department to create and execute marketing/sales plans for football, men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball and softball.
5. Generates, develops, and maintains relationships with individuals and businesses. Assists with the acquisition and customer service of Cardinals Club members.
6. Tracks and reports weekly sales to provide to the Athletic Director and Deputy AD.
7. Works games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned. Available at box office to greet, support, and serve current and potential clients daily and at games.
8. Oversees activation of all group related sales.
9. Creates forums for customer feedback and shares ideas for improvement to external relations and game operations teams.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
Self-starter with an outstanding work ethic.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
Strong teamwork aptitude.
Strong customer service skills.
Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills.
Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Southland Conference, and the NCAA.
Required Work Experience:
One year minimum of experience in a collegiate or professional sales setting or a related field with a proven successful experience in achieving sales plan goals.
About University of the Incarnate Word
With over 135 years of tradition, the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas is committed to educational excellence in a context of faith in Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God. UIW is the largest Catholic university in Texas and the fourth largest private university in Texas. With a beautiful main campus in San Antonio, UIW has locations throughout the city, and South and Central Texas as well as two campuses in Mexico and a European Study Center in Strasbourg, France. UIW was founded by and is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
UIW is committed to shaping good minds of strong character that will expand our world. At the core of UIW’s Mission is a commitment to social justice and community service. With a curriculum designed to broaden student’s understanding of the needs of the world, men and women learn to become concerned and enlightened citizens, using their skills for a meaningful impact within the local and global community. Through programs offered at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels through 11 schools and colleges, students can positively influence countless industries and fields of study.
As a His...panic-Serving Institution and Yellow Ribbon School, UIW proudly welcomes students of all backgrounds and supports them throughout their academic journeys.
UIW is the only Catholic NCAA Division 1 athletics program in the South, and counts 14 sports and 23 men’s and women’s teams. As a proud member of the Southland Conference, UIW teams model ethical sportsmanship and exemplary athleticism.