POSITION SUMMARY: Aides the head coach in planning, organizing, and evaluating all phases of a competitive intercollegiate women’s basketball program. Understand the role of NCAA and Division III athletics in the educational process and aide in the recruitment of student-athletes, which will reflect and represent the quality of Elmhurst University. Must be enrolled full time at Elmhurst University in graduate coursework.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Aide the head coach in the organization and operation of an effective and competitive Women’s Basketball program.
2. Assist the head coach in the coordination of recruitment of student-athletes.
3. Maintain and update a sufficient inventory of legal equipment. Oversee the issuing and collecting of all equipment, uniforms, supplies, and materials.
4. Coordinate all team travel arrangements for the program.
5. Attend all pre-season conditioning and non-traditional season practices for the Women’s Basketball Program. Attend and participate in all team planning sessions with coaching staff.
6. Aide in the planning, organizing, and executing of all in-season practice sessions for Women’s Basketball.
7. Conducts on-field coaching during intercollegiate contests as set by the head coach.
8. In charge of academic monitoring of student athletes, and reports to head coach on academic progress.
9. Develop and carry out fund-raising projects when appropriate.
10. Works closely with the head coach and Sports Information Director pertaining to all media relations. Provide information for the promotional needs of game programs, team media guides, recruiting brochures and other publications.
11. Responsible for reporting to the media (SID) all scores, statistics, and game results when competing on the road.
12. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Elmhurst University, NCAA, CCIW and rules and regulations.
13. Adhere to NCAA Compliance Regulations.
14. Endorses and supports other sports within the Athletic Department and fulfill other secondary duties as outlined by the head coach or director of athletics.
15. Endorses and supports other areas within Student Affairs, the Dean of Students staff including attendance at all meetings and service on committees when appointed.
16. Interacts with all other college constituencies and actively participate in their events.
17. Performs all summer duties (recruitment, summer camps, and clinics) and special projects as assigned by the head coach.
18. Support the mission, vision, and values of Elmhurst University
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Performs other duties as assigned by the head coach.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and three references with contact information to:
Tethnie Carrillo firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor’s degree required.
Previous coaching experience.
Previous teaching experience.
Familiarity with Division III athletics.
Recruiting skills and interest.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Candidate is required to submit a statement of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as part of the application materials.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift 50 pounds. Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, as required.
About Elmhurst University
Elmhurst offers 66 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate programs, evening and online programs for adults, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with differing abilities. Elmhurst University is among the top-ranked colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.