The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate all operations related to Athletic Communications including but not limited to media relations, creative solutions, and collaboration with University Marketing and Communications.
1. Manage and oversee Athletic Communications department including Assistant Director of Athletic Communications, interns, multiple student-assistants and other part-time employees.
2. Assist with game day operations; oversee press row/press box management for home athletics events, to include student assistants and part-time employees, and serve as host for visiting media.
3. Manage and operate official scoring software, such as; Stat Crew and Genius Sports.
4. Direct and produce all sports information materials to the media.
5. Coordinate and manage all aspects of athletic portion of University website.
6. Manage the athletic department social media accounts and assist individual sports with their social media accounts.
7. Assist with marketing and promotions projects.
8. Coordinate the working relationship between the coaching staff, student-athletes, and the media.
9. Develop and implement office policies for the Athletic Communications Department.
10. Manage the budget; organize publications production flow; assist with advertising for publications.
11. Coordinate athletic communications office with University Marketing & Communications.
12. Provide assistance with the Falcon Club luncheon, the Olympics Day golf tournament, the Freddies student-athlete awards and any other special events.
13. Assist with the Hall of Fame banquet, including serving as secretary.
Handles multiple deadlines while working hours that include nights and weekends; Must have initiative and foresight on all new digital media avenues, statistical programs and best practices throughout social media and digital networks.
Comply with all University, NCAA, and conference guidelines.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. The individual holding this position will serve as a representative of the University and, as such, shall promote a positive impression by demonstrating a collegial and professional customer-service approach at all times.
Knowledge of media practices and procedures;
Knowledge of statistics, computerized statistical programs, rules and regulations for the sports to be covered;
Knowledge of social media and digital networks;
Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations;
Ability to communicate effectively;
Ability to create social media and digital content;
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; work night and weekends as required.
About The University of Montevallo
The University of Montevallo, a public liberal arts college with an enrollment of 3,200 students, is located 35 miles south of Birmingham, Alabama, and is a member of NCAA Division II and the Peach Belt Conference. Please go to http://www.montevallo.edu for additional information.