The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
The Assistant Athletics Equipment Manager will assist the Athletics Equipment Manager with all phases of equipment management in the Princeton University Athletics Department, including online ordering of equipment. This position will have day-to-day oversight of several varsity sports (men and women, potentially including football) in Caldwell Fieldhouse, and will work in conjunction with the Equipment Manager to manage shipping and receiving of product, as well as manage the access and security of locker rooms and storage spaces. The position will assist in managing the student laundry team, and will assist with weekend duties as required.
- Issue protective and regular equipment, ensuring proper fit, to student-athletes as directed by the Athletics Equipment Manager and head coaches - Assist Athletics Equipment Manager with equipment ordering - Utilize GameDay online ordering - Communicate effectively with students, coaches, staff and alumni. - Repair and recondition equipment - Receive, unpack and examine stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices - Maintain inventory records and procedures established by the Equipment Manager - Complete the shipping and receiving of product - Pick up, deliver, and manage a wide variety of supplies and equipment
- Assist in operation, management and scheduling of locker rooms, hallways/tunnels, and benches - Assist teams during home and away contests, this includes providing bench support and greeting and assisting opposing teams at home and setting up locker rooms/game prep when away - Operate athletics laundry system using commercial washing machines and dryers
- Nights and weekends as assigned - Perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, staff and alumni - Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel - Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal) - Valid state issued driver's license - Three years of experience in athletic equipment management - Must be able to manage a flexible schedule in support of the needs of the department - Must be able to lift 50 pounds - Ability to work within the framework of Princeton University, Ivy League, and NCAA rules and regulations - Must be able to handle small hand tools to maintain equipment
- Ability to uphold the commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER. - Bachelor's degree preferred - AEMA Certification; or successful completion of AEMA or Phats-Sphem certification within first year
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Internal Number: 137728981
About Princeton University
Princeton simultaneously strives to be one of the leading research universities and the most outstanding undergraduate college in the world. As a research university, it seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding, and in the education of graduate students. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching. The University provides its students with academic, extracurricular and other resources—in a residential community committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff—that help them achieve at the highest scholarly levels and prepare them for positions of leadership and lives of service in many fields of human endeavor. Through the scholarship and teaching of its faculty, and the many contributions to society of its alumni, Princeton seeks to fulfill its informal motto: “In the Nation’s Service and the Service of Humanity"