College Athletics (jobs at NCAA member schools), Education / Teaching, Fitness / Sports / Recreation
Located on Miami University's campus in Oxford, Ohio, the Intern for Programming will be head coach of either Miami University's Men's or Women's ACHA Hockey team, and may assist other ACHA team(s). They will also assist in various on- and off-ice programming and services of the facility, including but not limited to:
• Supervise Arena activities. Open and close the Arena on assigned days.
• Assist all youth hockey programming with on-ice instruction, coaching, and running clinics. -Lead instructor for Beginner Hockey -Lead instructor for 8U and 10U House Leagues
• Teach and assist in Learn to Skate USA group lessons.
• Assist with the management and supervision of all Intramural activities.
• Assist with the teaching of one to four KNH academic classes per semester.
• Coach within the summer Ice Hockey and or skating camp.
• Assist with special events and activities.
• Other duties as assigned totaling approximately 40 hours per week.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke-free.
Experience and extensive knowledge in ice-related sports and activities Ability to receive CPR/1st Aid Certification
Additional Salary Information: Position is eligible for a tuition waiver for Miami University with the possibility of a flexible schedule to attend classes.
About Miami University
Goggin Ice Center, located on the campus of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio is a 2 sheet ice facility serving the recreational needs for both Miami students and the surrounding community.