This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Marketing Department along with the Associate AD of External Affairs, and will work directly with all of Lipscomb’s varsity athletics programs on marketing and promotions related activities with a focus on revenue generation, attendance, atmosphere and branding.
• Serve on the team tasked with annually meeting the department’s set revenue and attendance goals for all ticketed sports
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plan and in-game promotions for all varsity sports Assist and advance social media and mobile marketing efforts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Oversight of Lipscomb Athletics’ social media presence
• Assist with sponsorship fulfillment and needs
• Manage game day operations and promotions for marketing, enhancing game day atmosphere and fan experience by executing game scripts, organizing presentations and groups, coordinating video board content and operations, and managing on the field and on-court in-game elements
• Assist with identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of cash and trade sponsorship
• Supervise day-to-day activities of Assistant Director of Marketing
Master’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, or other related field
Management experience with the ability to provide proof of collective results as they relate to revenue generation, increased attendance, game day atmosphere, and brand standards
Knowledge of marketing trends within collegiate athletics that will enable the department to stay at the forefront of innovation and design
Proficiency in graphic design programs (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
About Lipscomb University
Lipscomb University is a liberal arts teaching and research institution committed to being intentionally, courageously and graciously Christian. Our mission is to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence, not only in the classroom but also by involvement in numerous services to the church and the larger community. It is a place that sees the city as our campus and the world as our classroom. This is what grounds us, and it is also what has grown us.
With more than 4,600 students, Lipscomb University was recently named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest-growing private doctoral universities in the nation with a 10-year growth rate of 80.6 percent. Lipscomb is a dynamic university offering students a choice of more than 200 undergraduate programs of study, 24 master’s degrees in 70 fields of study, four education specialist degrees and three doctoral degrees. In addition to Lipscomb’s residential campus in the Green Hills area of Nashville, Tennessee, the university has locations in downtown Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee, as well as a robust online program.
Today, Lipscomb is nationally ranked for its innovation, programs and s...ervice. Each year, Lipscomb students contribute an average of 60,000 hours of service to nonprofits and organizations. Classified as a national university by U.S. News & World Report, Lipscomb University is classified as a doctoral university by the Carnegie Foundation, placing it among 7 percent of schools nationwide.
At the heart of Lipscomb University are more than 940 full-time faculty and staff who are committed to creating a lasting impact beyond the campus, serving the good of humanity to the glory of God. As you learn more about Lipscomb, we hope you find it to be a place that is joyfully and energetically committed to God and a place where you truly want to share and invest your talents and skills.