East Tennessee State University is currently seeking applications for their Associate Director of Facilities and Operations. The Associate Director of Facilities and Operations is responsible for assisting in the management of ETSU’s athletics facilities and coordination of various special events at these facilities. Reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Administration, you will be responsible for managing and oversight of operations for various events including athletic competitions, special university functions, and non-university related events. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: •Responsible for game management and facility management aspects of assigned sports (e.g., Men’s and Women’s Tennis, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, and Volleyball). oWork in conjunction with university plant operations, custodial and grounds crew to ensure the facilities are prepared to host scheduled events oCreate a plan for the operation of assigned events and work with internal and external departments to ensure execution of assignments related to event including, but not limited to sports medicine, marketing, video/radio and television, director of operations for assigned sports, game officials (per SoCon and NCAA regulations), plant/grounds, concessions, Van Wagner sports marketing and sponsorship, Public Safety, traffic and parking, etc. •Assist in the game operations aspects of all other ETSU sports as directed by the Assistant AD for Administration. oResponsible for assigned area of home football operation oAssist with baseball and men’s and women’s basketball as needed •Manage the ETSU Ballad Health Athletic Center and oversee its operation and maintenance as well as make recommendations on projects to continuously improve the facility. oSupervise all conversions in conjunction with Facility Operations and the Assistant AD for Administration oAssigned facility/event management tasks oManage the facility’s budget oMaintain cleaning standards and perform daily building survey oManage facilities equipment needs •Manage Brooks Gym and oversee operations and maintenance as well as make recommendations on projects to continuously improve the facility. oSupervise all conversions in conjunction with Facility Operations and the Assistant AD for Administration oAssigned facility/event management tasks. oReview the facility’s budget oMaintain cleaning standards and perform daily building survey oManage facilities equipment needs •Assist in the day-to-day management of activities at ETSU’s athletic facilities to include facility operations, repairs coordination, and general maintenance. •Plan and recommend facility improvements and/or upgrades. •Assist with scheduling of practice times and other facility usage. •Lead assigned preseason operations meetings 2-3 times per year to determine needs for staffs, marketing, Excellence Fund, Van Wagner etc. as it pertains to soccer and volleyball games. •Athletics liaison for event support staff, including concessions, guest services, Public Safety, bookstore, marketing, Van Wagner, The Excellence Fund, ticketing, custodial, etc. for assigned sports. •Assist Assistant Athletic Director for Administration as liaison for Facility Operations on building maintenance issues for all athletics facilities. oMaintain daily cleaning standards and perform daily tours of building(s) checking cleaning standards and maintenance items. oProcessing and distributing work orders to address facility needs. •Maintain working relationship and coordinate logistics with Facility Operations, campus groups, and other ETSU Athletic departments. •Responsible for assisting with any NCAA, NIT, SoCon, etc. events hosted by ETSU, as assigned. •Comply with NCAA and SoCon rules and regulations. •Perform other duties as requested by the Assistant AD for Administration.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
· Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills are preferred.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities is preferred.
· Computer skills, to include word processing and database management are preferred.
· Ability to assess and develop procurement specifications and coordinate purchasing activities in area of specialty is preferred.
· Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with short deadlines is preferred.
· Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures is preferred.
· Knowledge of program activity and industry best practices.
· Skills to deliver highly effective service orientation, program management, and make sound decisions using good judgement; able to use critical thinking skills to develop original and creative problem-solving ideas in a varied and challenging environment.
· Knowledge of facility management including maintenance and event scheduling, security and special set-ups.
· Knowledge of normal power equipment operation such as fork lifts and high lifts. Knowledge of basic facility safety and security.
· Knowledge of scheduling, planning and conversion techniques for large multi-purpose facilities.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
· Prior experience in Facility Management and Athletics Event Management is necessary (may consider relevant part-time and/or student worker experience).
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Previous experience with 25 Live scheduling software, Presto, Blue Zebra, and Arbiter officiating portals.