Sam Houston Athletics seeks an individual for the position of Creative and Design Coordinator. Specific responsibilities will include the creation and design of digital assets to be used for game day and general use purposes for web, social media, videoboards, and email communications; the design of printed collateral to include posters, tickets, pamphlets, brochures, game programs, recruiting, marketing, promotional materials, and department/program publications. The Creative and Design Coordinator will work collaboratively with Sports Information, Athletics Marketing, Sponsorships, Development, department sections, and varsity programs to provide effective and innovative designs and consistent use of branding and messaging across all projects. This position will also work with university and athletics marketing on print and digital design as required and will coordinate the efforts of, and provide direction to, student workers and interns responsible for creative development. The successful candidate will coordinate and direct all team photo and video shoots for marketing and recruiting purposes and will be responsible for coordinating the use of these inventories in all social platforms, digital, print and game day productions. The Creative and Design Coordinator will also work with varsity programs on creative content for social, digital, and print purposes. On gamedays, the Creative and Design Coordinator will be embedded with teams for video or photography efforts or will coordinate the efforts of staff, student workers or interns assigned to these duties. This position will be responsible for, or will coordinate, the timely promotion of creative content leading up to, on, and throughout gameday on social media platforms. The Creative and Design Coordinator will report directly to the Associate Athletics Director for External Operations and will collaborate closely with the Assistant Athletics Director for Fan Engagement and Development.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Apply at https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/28858
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, video production, journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, sports management, or related field.
• Proficient in graphic design and photography with demonstrated creative, original, and innovative ability
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, work under time constraints, and meet assigned deadlines
• Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Experience working in creative/graphics design role in collegiate or professional athletics preferred
• Expert level of knowledge of all social media platforms
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills