Position: Assistant Director: Creative Video and Content
Reports To: Associate Commissioner for External Relations
Basic Functions: The Assistant Director for Creative Video and Content will work in collaboration with the Conference’s external relations team on content creation as the lead producer of video content. The position will assist Conference staff on ideation and execution of the WCC’s strategic plan and promote the West Coast Conference and its member institutions, generating exposure through all media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities: Content Creation:
• Oversee all video assets for the Conference.
• Promote the Conference and generate exposure by developing, capturing, and producing live and on-demand content via the WCC’s social media platforms, WCCsports.com, the WCC Network and linear networks.
• Conceptualize promotional assets that highlight the brand and Conference success. through the creation of motion graphics, highlight packages, sizzle reels and other content.
• Capture content on campuses for Conference video assets.
• Produce all in-venue video assets for WCC championship events.
• Oversee the management and usage of the WCC’s production studio.
• Produce video marketing assets, including sizzle reels and other engaging content that meets the WCC marketing plan deliverables and goals.
• Assist in the design and creation of marketing collateral, including advertisements and other commercial asssets in accordance with WCC marketing plan and brand guidelines.
• Serve as Coordinating Producer of the WCC Network and oversee the production of event broadcasts with the membership as well as all WCC Championship event broadcasts.
• Ensure the WCC Network continues to meet established standards.
• The position represents the WCC at events and institutional visits, assists the WCC staff with other duties as assigned, as needed.
• Assist the championships team with planning and execution of events.
• Manage the Conference’s video exchange and DVSport services.
The position may work remotely through June 30, 2022, although the West Coast Conference has an office in San Mateo, California. Travel will be required to the Conference office headquarters, member institutions and select events, including championships, coverage of competition at member institutions and staff events on a regular basis. All work-related travel expenses will be reimbursed from San Francisco International Airport to the required destination.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications and Timeline: To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is November 26, 2021.
The West Coast Conference is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse working environment. Employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check and skills assessment.
About the West Coast Conference: The West Coast Conference was formed in 1952 and has evolved and grown to become a nationally recognized and competitive force in Division I intercollegiate athletics with 15 conference-sponsored sports. The WCC is characterized by the stability of its membership and its unique emphasis on combining excellence in athletics with excellence in academics. For more information, visit WCCsports.com and follow the West Coast Conference on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @WCCsports.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
Minimum two years of professional experience.
Demonstrated understanding of the West Coast Conference’s core values of student-first
philosophy, integrity, leadership, success, respect, collaboration, and camaraderie.
Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
Demonstrated high-level proficiency in various technologies including Adobe Creative Suite
(e.g., Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop), Microsoft programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and other relevant software.
Ability to demonstrate professional competency by establishing and meeting deadlines,
and balancing multiple responsibilities in a timely and high-quality fashion.
High level of initiative, creativity, and independence.
Effective personal and professional communication, both oral and written.
Bachelor's degree required, preference for major in communications, journalism, or
multimedia-related field. Master's or advanced/professional degree(s) preferred.
Working knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, the West Coast Conference, and its
The West Coast Conference was formed in 1952 and has evolved and grown to become a nationally recognized and competitive force in Division I intercollegiate athletics with 15 conference-sponsored sports. The WCC is characterized by the stability of its membership and its unique emphasis on combining excellence in athletics with excellence in academics. For more information, visit WCCsports.com and follow the West Coast Conference on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @WCCsports.