SUMMARY: As a part of the Wisconsin Volleyball team’s recruiting staff, the Graduate Assistant Graphic Designer will report to and work directly with Volleyball’s assistant coach. The Graduate Assistant Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to assist with developing various branded recruiting materials ranging from social media graphics to produced print pieces and will gain experience in a managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Position is for Fall 2022 with the option to continue based on performance and fit.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist and collaborate with Volleyball Assistant Coach on creative assets for Wisconsin Volleyball targeted at showcasing the success of our program to prospective student-athletes.
• Develop original designs while maintaining brand consistency with Wisconsin Athletics and Wisconsin Volleyball
• Photo editing/retouching, and removing student-athletes from their backgrounds in Photoshop for use in other graphics
• Perform administrative duties as related to graphic design such as printing recruit mailings, labeling credentials, prepping materials for recruiting visits, fact checking, etc.
• Communicate openly and professionally with the Volleyball Associate Head Coach and other members of the Volleyball support staff, coaching staff, and those throughout the Wisconsin Athletics Dept. as needed to complete projects and contribute a positive and efficient work environment
• Assist other staff members with graphic design related tasks as needed under the direction of Volleyball Assistant Coach and Brand Manager.
• Complete Travel Reimbursement Requests (TERs)
The Graduate Assistant Graphic Designer must possess a proficient working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat specifically are strongly preferred.
Strong understanding of design concepts, principles and rules
Confident on both Mac & PC Platforms
Willingness to help with tasks beyond graphic design and a willingness to learn new things
Ability to manage multiple tasks & deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Extreme attention to detail and ability to take constructive criticism
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office; especially PowerPoint & Word
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include either a PDF portfolio or a link to your online portfolio showing at least three pieces you have created.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison dedicates itself to the mission of providing athletic opportunities to a wide range of students in an environment in which all student-athletes can achieve their academic and competitive goals. The Division strives to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and fosters the principles of sportsmanship, respect and fair play on the field of play. The Division sponsors teams in 23 sports (12 women, 11 men) competing under the regulatory guidelines established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Big Ten Conference, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA).
UW-Madison is located in the heart of Madison which is the state capital and the state's second largest city. Madison has a solid and long standing national reputation as a vibrant and thriving city.