Coordinator of Events, Operations and Student-Athlete Development
Averett University Athletics
Location: Danville, Virginia
Averett University Athletics Job Posting
LOCATION: Danville, Virginia
TYPE: Full Time, Internship
CATEGORY: Athletic Administration
POSITION: Coordinator of Events, Operations and Student-Athlete Development
Averett University Athletics is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Coordinator of Events, Operations and Student-Athlete Involvement. This full-time, two-year position is funded primarily through the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minorities & Women's Internship Grant, and offers the candidate the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of collegiate athletic administration.
The coordinator of Events, Operations and Student-Athlete Development will be responsible for all aspects of this Division III program including, but not limited to, assisting the Director of Athletics in day-to-day operations; game day operations; administrative projects and duties, conducting departmental research, student athlete programming, fundraising, and alumni and community relations. The intern will also be responsible for teaching, mentoring, training, scheduling and managing a student workforce of federal work study employees, interns from communications and sports management classes/practicums and student volunteers.
The successful candidate must be able to develop positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, media, alumni, parents and sponsors while interacting successfully with department personnel and the University Community. Averett University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Minimum qualifications include Bachelor’s degree and prefeerd experience in intercollegicate athletics and/or administration.
Master’s degree preferred along with two years experience at the intercollegiate level.
Strong management skills, recruiting experience, computer/technology skills, and strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Graduates and future graduates will be given consideration for the position. Interested persons should send a cover letter, resume and references IN ONE DOCUMENT to email@example.com Please Note:
•As a condition of employment, Averett University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
•Background checks are required for all positions.
• An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
• Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status. Inquiries related to the University’s compliance with Title IX should be directed to Averett’s Title IX Coordinator, Amanda Estabrook, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact information, reporting options, and the University’s Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy can be found at https://www.averett.edu/about-us/title-ix/. Inquiries may be made externally to the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights: https://www.ed.gov/ocr.
• Averett University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, can be found at https://www.averett.edu/wp-content/uploads/9.30.21-ASR-for-2020.pdf.
• Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
• For additional information and ADA requirements concerning this position, go to https://www.averett.edu/about-us/employment-opportunities/staff-employment-opportunities/
Since 1859, Averett University, a Carnegie Engaged University, has grown and developed into a dynamic institution that serves students of all ages, offering more than 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, along with five graduate programs with a number of concentrations. Dedicated to preparing students to serve and lead as catalysts for positive change, the University's historic main campus is embedded in the heart of Southern Virginia with regional campuses throughout Virginia and online. Averett enrolls a diverse student body, and boasts an alumni network that spans the globe.