Serves as a member of the Senior Administration Team
· Ensures that all student-athletes are eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics programs by working with the NCAA Clearinghouse in processing the eligibility requirements of freshmen student-athletes and junior college transfers and processing and certifying the continuing eligibility of current student-athletes
· Ensures that the University’s athletics programs are in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations governing financial aid to student-athletes by working cooperatively with the Director of Student Financial Aid in monitoring all financial aid awarded to student-athletes, including initial athletically-related aid and renewable athletically-related aid, as well as income from additional sources of countable aid, work study, jobs, grants, and loans
· Provides relevant compliance information and updates as needed regarding NCAA and GLVC rules to Athletics staff as well as staff outside Athletics in departments such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and the Registrar whose responsibilities include dealing with student-athletes and/or Athletics Department personnel in matters governed by NCAA and or GLVC rules, regulations, and policies
· Ensures that the University’s athletics programs are in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations governing recruiting, amateurism, awards and benefits, playing and practice seasons, and sports camps and clinics by developing and conducting NCCA rules education sessions for coaches, student-athletes, alumni, and athletics boosters to encourage broad-based knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, and monitoring the compliance
· Ensures compliance with intercollegiate athletics program reporting requirements by assuming responsibility for filing all NCAA certification forms, squad list forms, drug consent forms, student-athlete statements, annual NCAA disclosure study, and other related forms as required by NCAA and all affiliated conferences
· Coordinates investigation of known and/or alleged rules violations, keeps the Director of Athletics and Senior Associate Director of Athletics informed of all alleged and known violations, and handles all correspondence with the NCAA and affiliated conferences regarding rules violations and follow up responses
· May supervise selected men’s and women’s sports and their respective coaching staffs and assists with game management for home events
· Contributes to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics
· Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Sets an example of a Christian lifestyle for students, staff and faculty.
· Commitment and adherence to Southwest Baptist University’s Principles and Expectations.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Knowledge of NCAA rules
· Master’s Degree
· Must be able to work in typical office and athletics environment
· Must be available for frequent travel
· Night and weekend work required
· Must be able to work during crowd noise and loud game environments
· Must be able to work outdoors
· Must be able to travel long distances by plane, train, or automobile
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently