Xavier University of Louisiana is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director of Gameday Operations. The Assistant Athletic Director of Gameday Operations and Community Engagement is a member of the athletic department’s senior leadership team and reports to the Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation. The Assistant Athletic Director is responsible for the overall gameday experience for students and XULA Gold fans. He/she will connect with campus and community leaders to design strategic partnerships for University Athletics. This student-centered position requires a significant amount of night and weekend hours. AA/EOE
- The ability to create a game day experience and engage with fans and students.
- The ability to come up with generate fan interest in small college athletics.
- The ability to develop/manage graduate assistant and student staff.
- Essential knowledge, skills and abilities: The successful candidate will have a strong appreciation of and commitment to the mission and values of a residential public liberal arts college and the NAIA.
- The position requires demonstrated effectiveness as a program leader; strong program and fiscal management skills; experience with collegiate athletics; a commitment to students’ athletic and academic success; and the demonstrated ability to build and support diverse, inclusive teams with sensitivity to individuals of all cultural backgrounds.
- The successful candidate will be self-directed, highly motivated and goal oriented, work with integrity, value gender equity, and bring skills and abilities needed to advance XULA athletics and the university including the capacity to be a visible and engaging leader and advocate for the program and the university.
- Proficient using social media and technology.
- Ability to be creative and engage students, student-athletes, a fans.
- A bachelor’s degree is required (master’s degree strongly preferred) with at least 3-5 years of related experience.
Founded in 1925 by Saint Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, Xavier is Catholic and historically Black. Located in New Orleans, the ultimate purpose of the University is to contribute to the promotion of a more just and humane society by preparing its students to assume roles of leadership and service in a global society. This preparation takes place in a diverse learning and teaching environment that incorporates all relevant educational means, including research and community service.