Grand Valley State University is accepting applications to fill two open positions for Facility and Event Coordinator. The full job description is found using the link to the GVSU jobs website, the primary duties are:
1. Facility Management
Daily oversight of assigned athletic & recreation facilities
Maintenance, repair, organization, work orders of assigned spaces
Work with facility projects
2. Equipment Oversight
Oversee all equipment maintenance, cleaning & repair within assigned areas
Liaison with equipment vendors and service technicians
Hiring, training, scheduling, supervision of student staff
Involvement in hiring, training, supervision of Graduate Student Assistant
4. Event Management
Game and event operations lead within assigned venues
Coordinator of camps, clinics, tournaments within assigned venues
5. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Both of these positions are full-time, working under the direction of the direction of the Assistant AD - Event & Facility Operations.
To Apply: interested applicants must apply through the GVSU Human Resources website: https://jobs.gvsu.edu/en-us/job/494194/facility-and-event-coordinator-athletics
1. Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education Sport Management, Recreation or related field.
2. 1-2 years of professional facility and event experience within a university athletic setting.
3. 1-2 years of supervisory experience
4. Strong commitment to customer service and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of groups including students, faculty, and staff.
5. Able to multi-task, work independently and self motivate.
6. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
7. Experience in planning and running events as the event coordinator.