Market Director Lab-East Orlando/Osceola/WO/Seminole
Location: Winter Garden, Florida
Internal Number: 22031083
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth Winter Garden has delivered care to the West Orange County since 2015 and will be expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower opening summer 2022, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden.
• The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
• Working at AdventHealth Winter Garden, you’ll be surrounded with a team dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of a growing West Orange County.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and premier attractions of Orlando.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden offers competitive benefits that support your growth professionally and personally offering debt-free education and competitive benefits from day one.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of the Vice President of ACS Laboratory and Market COO/Executive Downline, the Market Director of ACS Laboratory has oversight of the assigned Central Florida Division market laboratories. The Market Director will serve as a multi-campus liaison between the executive lab leadership and executive campus leadership. The Market Director will lead areas of both service line strategic oversight and campus operational execution. The Market Director will influentially lead the campus Operations Manager(s) at each AdventHealth facility to manage laboratory staffing, implement initiatives related to blood and test utilization, maintain key performance metrics, measure performance and financial outcomes, ensure implementation of quality and safety initiatives. The Market Director will provide leadership to achieve the goals of standardization, leadership development, effective document control and staff competency development, outline shared staffing and resource models and high-level management for the Laboratory departments at each facility. This position will mentor emerging laboratory leaders in elevating leadership skills. Serves on Central Florida Division Laboratory Domain committee and contributes to decisions of equipment acquisition, definition of quality metrics, and departmental policies and procedures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
•Maintains positive relations acting as liaison between campus and laboratory executive leaders to ensure collaboration across multiple disciplines.
•Contributes to and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
•Exercises independent decision-making processes to identify, plan, and execute goals.
•Oversight of laboratory business at assigned facilities.
•Provides financial oversight in budgetary planning, capital acquisition and financial review when a laboratory is performing outside of expected plan.
•Directs and oversees the operations of assigned AH campus in all laboratory specialties including Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion, Microbiology and Pathology.
•Oversight of accreditation requirements of College of American Pathologists (CAP), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), DNV or other accreditation entities for assigned laboratories.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
•Bachelor's degree in a Chemical or Biologic Science, Healthcare or Business Administration, or Leadership
•Three (3) years Laboratory leadership, preferably in an acute healthcare setting
•Five (5) years of Laboratory experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
•Master's degree in a Chemical or Biologic Science, Healthcare or Business Administration, or Leadership
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• FL Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
• Nationally certified as Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist equivalent pathology certification or equivalent term
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.