The University of Pittsburgh's Athletics Administration Department is seeking a Compliance Coordinator. This individual reports to the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and will work with various aspects of the compliance program. The Compliance Coordinator will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Office and will help ensure that the University's 19 varsity sports are in compliance with NCAA, ACC, and institutional regulations.
The primary responsibilities of the Compliance Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Management of compliance team rosters, maintenance, and use of student-athlete compliance databases (JumpForward and Teamworks)
- Generating reports (as needed) from the above databases
- Administration of student-athlete, coach, and staff compliance forms, and monitoring of student-athlete awards and extra benefits.
- Reviewing the permissibility of Athletic Department donation requests
- Monitoring playing and practice seasons (including all countable and required student-athlete activities)
- Reviewing student-athlete employment and promotional activities
- Securing travel arrangements
- Tracking and coordinating record storage
- Completing the required University forms
- Reviewing camps to ensure compliance with NCAA legislation
- Assisting with rules, conducting education meetings, and recruiting-related audits/reviews
In collaboration with the Ticket Office, the Compliance Coordinator will monitor complimentary admissions for prospective student-athletes, high school and club coaches, and guests of current student-athletes. The individual will also be responsible for various administrative duties within the Compliance Office.
Previous experience working in an Athletic Department compliance office is preferred. An advanced degree as well as experience with the JumpForward and Teamworks software programs is also preferred. The employee must be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) to various constituents, have demonstrated a commitment to high ethical standards, and possess strong organizational skills. It is expected the incumbent will have the ability to take initiative, effectively complete time-sensitive matters, multi-task under minimal supervision, work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and manage stressful situations.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category Full-time regular Job Classification Staff.Athletics.II Campus Pittsburgh Minimum Education Level Required Baccalaureate Minimum Experience Level Required 1-2 years experience Work Schedule Mon-Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, hours/days may vary due to work events. Work hours are flexible. Work Arrangement On-Campus: Teams that work on campus, in an office, or in a lab. Hiring Range TBD based on qualifications Relocation Offered Yes Visa Sponsorship Provided No Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check Child Protection Clearances The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks are required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance. Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter Optional Documents Not Applicable