Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, retirement plan with an employer contribution, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, parental leave program, vacation, and more.
Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits
Career Track & Level IC 3
Pay Grade CA&P|15|
4 Year Degree
OHIO Athletics is a dynamic team of student-athletes, coaches and administrators with a vision to demonstrate unprecedented excellence in athletics, academics and student-athlete development. Our championship culture provides a foundation for our students to grow as a person, student and athlete.
The Director of Equipment Services – Peden Stadium is responsible for the management and oversight of all equipment operations for seven sports programs, administrative & student-athlete support departments located in Peden Stadium. The position performs a variety of duties related to managing an intercollegiate equipment room, including all safety functions related to the cleaning and maintenance of athletic equipment & apparel for more than 200+ student-athletes, team travel preparations and game day duties, equipment inventory, forecasting of equipment needs, the procurement and allocation of equipment and apparel, budget compliance and business office interaction. Additional responsibilities include the oversight, maintenance, repair, and proper handling and safe keeping of equipment room assets. The Director supervises all Peden Stadium Equipment Room staff.
1. Manage day-to-day equipment room operations and team services including, but not limited to industrial laundry and sanitation systems, equipment inventory control, forecasting of equipment needs, the procurement, processing and allocation of equipment and apparel, branding and decoration of all apparel per athletic department specifications and MAC and NCAA by-laws, and the proper fitting & safety instructions of protective equipment.
2. Maintain equipment through regular testing, address equipment repair and defects with the appropriate manufacturer. Perform end of season equipment inventory, maintenance, proper storage.
3. Oversee business and financial operations for the Peden Stadium equipment room in accordance with federal, state, local, and University regulations and policies including, but not limited to the processing & approval of invoices, planning supplies purchases for room operation. Responsible for monitoring multiple sport apparel budgets and institution inventory controls. Provide guidance and consultation to coaches of assigned sport programs related to apparel contract related activity, safety compliance and equipment selection.
4. Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises Equipment Operations/Peden Stadium staff to include full-time staff and up to 10 student employees. Delegates, oversees and manages workflow and assignments. Responsible for evaluating, setting goals and identifying area of improvements. Schedule, approve, and monitor staff hours to ensure operational efficiency, compliance, and proper team coverage according to sports seasons in accordance with federal, state, local, and University regulations and policies.
5. Maintain an organized, clean, & safe environment at all times.
Some evenings and weekends will be required. Travel is also required.
A minimum of 3 years of athletic equipment experience or related field.
Certified by the National Equipment Manager’s Association and certified in CPR
* an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org