Assistant Athletic Trainer - University of Louisiana Monroe
University of Louisiana Monroe
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Type: Full Time
Health Care / Medical
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the supervision and coordination of the overall sports medicine program. Sport assignment to be determined – injury prevention, evaluation, management and treatment of athletic injuries, short and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries, education, and counseling of student-athletes
· Assist in athletic related health care administration in consultation with and under the supervision of the Team Physician(s) and other qualified medical personnel
· Provide athletic training services for the athletic department as directed by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, and Team Physician(s), including attendance at scheduled team practices, home and away competitions
· Determine, along with consultation from the Team Physician(s), Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, and the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, the student athlete's ability to practice and/or compete
· Report the status of injured student-athletes to coaching staff, Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, and the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine.
· Supervise and mentor Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers who cover specified sports
· Assist with compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of medical records for student-athletes
· Assist with inventory, bidding, ordering, receiving, and maintenance of all athletic training room supplies and equipment
· Enforce code of conduct and rules for athletic training facilities and equipment
· Follow emergency action plan for athletic teams in conjunction with Team Physicians, on campus sports medicine staff, area emergency medical services, and local hospitals
· Work alongside strength and conditioning staff regarding strength, conditioning, and flexibility of student-athletes, nutritional issues, supplements/ergogenic aids, injury prevention, exercise techniques, and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes
· Assist in the scheduling and administration of student-athlete's physical examinations, authorized medical provider visits, MRI, and/or other various outsource testing
· Share in responsibility of athletic training room maintenance and upkeep
· Maintain certification/license requirements of NATABOC and the State of Louisiana
· Have and maintain a thorough knowledge and commitment to compliance with all ULM, NCAA, and Sun Belt Conference rules and regulations
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine.
Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or related field is required; master's degree preferred; collegiate experience preferred
NATABOC Certification required
Eligibility of Louisiana State Licensure by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners is required
Strong oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of communication and marketing best practices
Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details effectively
Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of constituencies
Must maintain a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Sun Belt, and ULM rules and regulations
Ability to meet established deadlines
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, community, diversity, and gender equity.
Must demonstrate an appreciation of university culture and tradition.