Manage all varsity athletic equipment and apparel under standards established by the college and within NCAA guidelines. Provide control for keeping equipment loss at a minimum. Operate as manager of a vital support service and as the major adviser to coaches and administrators on all equipment matters. Responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Manage all purchasing, distribution, tracking, and care of assigned athletic equipment for the athletic department (with the exception of Men’s & Women’s Ice Hockey). Propose and manage annual equipment room budget. Determine and maintain continuous inventory of equipment and apparel for every sport. Assist coaches in setting a purchasing schedule, determining equipment needs, and effectively using annual allotment dollars. Handle all purchase orders, process invoices in a timely manner, and work collaboratively with the Athletics Business office. Receive, disperse, or store all deliveries. Maintain equipment inventory on a computer-based software program.
2. Organize and maintain a system that provides for all laundry needs, packing of equipment, and preparations necessary for athletes prior to competition. Obtain practice and contest schedules for logistical planning of trip needs. Determine athletes’ individual daily needs pertaining to their equipment. Explain the procedure for picking up and dropping off equipment. Oversee laundry and packing operations. Manage service contracts on all equipment in both Alumni Hall and the Ruane Friar Development Center.
3. Determine the immediate and long-range staffing needs to manage the equipment room operations. Manage the efforts of the staff in that regard. Recruit, hire, and supervise work-study students.
1. Perform all other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution • Three years of experience as head equipment manager in NCAA Division I program or equivalent combination of experience and training • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal and organizational skills • Computer literate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting in normal seated position for extended periods of time
Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
Communication skills using the spoken word
Ability to see with normal parameters
Ability to hear within normal range
Ability to move about
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the... part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.