• Paid vacation, personal and sick time
• Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
• 403 (b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
• Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
4 Year Degree
USA Wrestling is seeking a Senior Manager of Communications. This is a new full-time position which reports to the Director of Communications and Special Projects. This individual will oversee specific Communications activities for the organization and will also collaborate with other staff and organizational partners on additional activities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee USA Wrestling’s social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram) and develop additional platforms as appropriate, setting the social media strategy and managing the content creation process for the platforms. This individual will change the relevancy of all existing (and emerging) platforms to add value to all of USA Wrestling’s stakeholders.
- Develop an effective system of metrics for USA Wrestling’s website, social media and other platforms, with the ability to measure USA Wrestling’s promotional performance in specific areas to include membership, event participation, event spectators, sponsors, donors, partners, athletes and other areas. Experience and a proven track record in this area is essential.
- Oversee the development of USA Wrestling’s video content, with a strategic focus on developing video for specific platforms, maximizing promotion of USA Wrestling activities and increasing engagement with USA Wrestling’s platforms. This area of responsibility will also include podcast properties and projects.
- Manage cooperative communications relationships with other organizations, including USA Wrestling’s broadcast partner (FloWrestling), the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee, United World Wrestling, along with other partners and related entities.
Shared departmental responsibilities may include: - Create written and digital content for USA Wrestling platforms, to include website, social media and other projects. Also, recruit and work with stringers and outside contractors for content creation and content sharing.
- Cover USA Wrestling teams and athletes at selected international wrestling competitions.
- Develop media set-up and on-site media operations management for USA Wrestling events, working with appropriate USA Wrestling staff, LOC staff and volunteers as needed.
- Promote USA Wrestling athletes of all ages with local, national and international media, as well as with the wrestling community.
- Promote USA Wrestling events and activities with local, national and international media, as well as with the wrestling community.
- Assist in athlete communication education, including media training and public relations strategies.
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Communications and Special Projects and/or Executive Director.
This individual will coordinate closely with staff in all of USA Wrestling’s Departments. The position also includes work with volunteers within the organization.
Must have a degree in a communications-related field, to include but not limited to Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, Public Relations, English, Social Media and more. A Masters degree or above is a plus. Must have at least five years of experience working within journalism, public relations, college or Olympic sports communications or related industries. Management experience will be considered as a positive factor. Knowledge of wrestling and experience within the wrestling community is a plus, but not required.
Proven writing and communication skills are necessary for this position. Graphic arts ability and video editing experience are also expected. Time management skills are a must. Successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to meet specific deadlines, work on a variety of projects simultaneously, and work both independently and on various working groups. The person must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others. There will be extensive travel required for the person in this position.
The ability to work from USA Wrestling’s national office in Colorado Springs, CO is required
USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
USA Wrestling is working with Farrell Sports on the hiring process for this position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references and upon request, if needed, writing samples, graphics samples and video samples to Porter Grant at email@example.com.
USA Wrestling is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Wrestling in the United States and, as such, is its representative to the United States Olympic Committee. Simply, USA Wrestling is the central organization that coordinates amateur wrestling programs in the nation and works to create interest and participation in these programs.
USA Wrestling has more than 226,000 members. These members include athletes of all ages, coaches, officials, parents and fans striving together to strengthen the sport. Each year, USA Wrestling charters over 4,500 wrestling clubs and sanctions over 2,100 local, state, regional and national competitions.
Mission: USA Wrestling, guided by the Olympic Spirit, provides quality opportunities for its members to achieve their full human and athletic potential.
Vision: USA Wrestling will strive to be the worlds best sports organization.
Responsibility - Fulfilling all functions, tasks, duties and assignments with trust and credibility on behalf of USA Wrestling by honoring promises and pledges.
Integrity - Being true to self and the mission of USA Wrestling, while discerning right from wrong and acting on it.
Dedication - Dedic...ation to carrying out the mission and goals of USA Wrestling with the highest degree of sacrifice and discipline.
Honesty - Being truthful and upright with people and issues in furthering the mission of USA Wrestling.
Accountability - Providing answers and reasons to others for actions and behaviors intended to support the mission of USA Wrestling.
Respect - Recognizing the absolute dignity in every human being, with a sense of compassion, caring and concern for the well-being of other people.