UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Conference USA. North Texas’ athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with the North Texas Athletics. Provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student-athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and during competition.
This position assists with the day-to-day compliance activities to meet NCAA, conference, and University of North Texas requirements. Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, this position will provide support in all areas of athletic compliance monitoring and reporting including but not limited to Bylaws 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 17. This position will also assist in drafting and submitting waivers and violations to the Conference USA office and the NCAA for assigned sports, when appropriate. This position may provide supervision to interns and student assistants.
- Manages compliance monitoring activities and implements effective procedures in the areas of amateurism, recruiting, awards, and playing and practice seasons.
- Assist with rules education program for coaches, staff, student-athletes and other internal and external constituents.
- Assists in monitoring Name, Image and Likeness disclosures and provides education to student-athletes as needed.
- Assists in drafting and submitting waivers and violations of NCAA and Conference legislation. Assists in NCAA, Conference and institutional reporting.
- Research NCAA rules and provide coaches and staff with interpretations. Work within Conference USA and NCAA to obtain official rules interpretations as needed.
- Manages sports-specific volunteers, staff, student managers and male practice players.
- Assists with game day duties in the areas of student-guest tickets and recruiting. Manages compliance complimentary admissions procedures for all student-athletes.
- Shares compliance liaison duties to the UNT Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
Prepares progress reports, informs supervisor of project status and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in in related field and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The University of North Texas System is a publicly funded institution with five locations in one of the nation’s 10 largest metro areas. Almost 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers are employed in the cities of Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.Many employees are recognized scholars and teachers whose work supports student success, creates healthier communities and serves the needs of the North Texas region and beyond. Many are skilled staff whose contributions are in administration, maintenance and construction, food service, computer technology, and finance and accounting, among others.