At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, Mental Health Days, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and so much more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports in 2020 and 2021! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020, 2021 and 2022 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018, 2019 and 2021. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives. We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
Position Summary This position is responsible for assisting the Associate General Counsel in managing risk and compliance for the Legal and Compliance Team at USA Triathlon. The position plays a critical role in ensuring alignment with U.S. Center for SafeSport (Center) and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) requirements. In addition to managing these two programs, this position will oversee USA Triathlon’s insurance program and will support governance related responsibilities. The team member will be successful at building strong relationships across the organization, committees, and constituent groups to manage risk, compliance, and insurance for the organization.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages risk and compliance team under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel
• Proactively manages SafeSport training and compliance requirements established by the Center
• Ensures compliance with SafeSport administrative and at owned event audits
• Manages background check system for all employees and constituents
• Oversees responding to constituent questions regarding Center requirements
• Ensures compliance with USOPC and Center audit requirements
• Manages USA Triathlon’s insurance program and annual insurance renewal process
• Prepares standard operating procedures regarding risk mitigation
• Supports Associate General Counsel with legal and governance projects including ensuring the organization is in alignment with USA Triathlon Bylaws
• Manages election requirements, committee training and term limits, and officer elections and other governance related responsibilities as needed
• Collaborates with other USA Triathlon business units, Board of Directors, USA Triathlon Foundation, Committees and other external agencies
• Educates constituents and staff regarding rules and policy requirements of the Center, USOPC, and USA Triathlon
• Supervises Risk and Compliance Coordinators
• Supports critical incident support and response at USA Triathlon owned events
• Additional duties as assigned
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
Additional Job Information • Location: Colorado Springs • Salary: 70,000 – 90,000 based on experience • This is a full time exempt position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requirements • Bachelor’s degree required, masters or JD preferred • 5+ year’s experience managing compliance • 3+ year’s people management experience • Strong organizational and communication skills • Exceptional attention to detail • Ability to work independently • Experience within, or knowledge of, the multisport, endurance or national governing body industries is encouraged but not required • Proficiency in contemporary digital technologies; software abilities should include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination across the organization
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work at the grassroots level with athletes, coaches, and race directors — as well as the USA Triathlon Foundation — USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including World Triathlon World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of World Triathlon and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC).