Director of Advancement Communications and Marketing
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Location: Teaneck, New Jersey
Internal Number: 8961
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of Advancement Communications and Marketing will lead the division's communications and marketing efforts, with a focus on philanthropy and managing a range of projects and initiatives to support alumni/donor engagement. The director will develop and implement an innovative, multi-channel communication and marketing plan to increase awareness of FDU's fundraising and engagement priorities and tell the FDU story. As a member of the University Advancement leadership team, the director will work internally with Advancement staff to ensure consistency in messaging. The director will also create print, digital and electronic assets, and manage communications and outreach across a variety of publications, including the FDU Magazine, as well as digital platforms, analyze and track digital analytics, and work closely with colleagues and volunteers within the division and across the campus to improve philanthropy and engagement across primary audiences.
1. Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related area.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in communications and marketing, preferably in a non-profit or higher education environment.
3. Experience and knowledge of advancement/fundraising communication and marketing strategies and best practices
4. Success in delivering comprehensive communication and marketing plans that inspire philanthropic support, builds awareness, and encourages engagement.
5. Storyteller capable of inspiring and motivating an audience (e.g., alumni and donors) through words and images.
6. Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, while working collaboratively to strategize and build buy-in within University Advancement, and across campus units.
7. Proven leader with the capacity to deliver high-quality work and meet deadlines while working on competing priorities.
8. Proficiency in working with software systems, web content management, photo management and video editing (e.g., social media, InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and WordPress).
9. Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills with a familiarity of AP style conventions.
10. Experience with web design and electronic communications.
11. Valid driver's license and access to transportation.
12. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf