Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2200338
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Summer Internship - Sales, Strategy and Solutions
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won't find anywhere else. You'll be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services. We are currently seeking a summer intern to work in our Member and Markets department. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Accounting.
Who are we you ask? We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
This Summer Internship will involve the following:
- Creating presentations for members/clients that showcase our products and services
- Respond to member/client inquiries
- Supports training and sales needs administratively
- Works closely with other departments to support operational excellence and improve member/client experience
- Departmental metric gathering and reporting
- Management reporting
- Assisting with new projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Applicants should be enrolled in a undergraduate program at an accredited institution
- Should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing
- Desired fields of study include Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting
- Experience in Excel
- Tableau experience a plus
- Internships will start June 2022. The start/end date may be flexible based on school schedule
- Must enjoy working in a trading floor environment.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Assist Sales Directors in marketing and promoting banking products and solutions to clients and prospects.
- Work closely with other departments at FHLBank Chicago to support and structure credit solutions to drive client business.
- Contribute to the promotion of FHLBank Chicago through client events, cultivating relationships with third party influencers (asset managers, rating agencies, regulators), and other marketing efforts.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all our employees. The FHLBank Chicago requires all employees, except those who may require accommodations under federal or state civil rights laws, to be fully vaccinated. #LI-Hybrid