Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2300012
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Summer Internship - Mortgage Capital Markets
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won't find anywhere else. You'll be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services. We are currently seeking a summer intern to work in our Financial, Accounting and Markets Group. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Accounting.
Who are we you ask? We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management employees, and board of directors. Our districts consists of the state of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
The Mortgage Capital Markets Summer Internship with involve the following:
- Gain unique Experience in a fast-paced trading desk environment
- Work on pricing mortgage loans and bonds and analyze how they compare to competitors
- Learn about investment and portfolio management by studying potential trades prior to execution
- Departmental data, metric gather and modeling as well as management reporting
- Creating presentation for members/clients that showcase our products and pricing strategies
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited institution
- Applicants should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing
- Desired fields of study include Finance, Economics, and Statistics
- Must enjoy working in a trading floor environment
How You'll Make an Impact
- Bring fresh perspectives to our pre-trade research process for buying loans secured with multifamily (rental) properties
- Add new quantitative insights and approaches to our analysis techniques
The mission of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is to partner with our member shareholders in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for community investment activities. The FHLBC is dedicated to providing equal employment and contracting opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.