Graduate Assistant for Events & Operations (2 positions available)
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
UW-Green Bay, a NCAA Division I institution, member of the Horizon League invites applications for the two open positions of Graduate Assistant for Events & Operations within the department of Athletics. The assistant will commit approximately 20 hours a week performing their duties over the 9-month term. Position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend. The successful applicant must meet the admission requirements for UW-Green Bay’s graduate school.
· Assist in athletic, campus and community events that take place on the UW-Green Bay campus, including postseason events.
· Act as the primary game day manager (or secondary manager) for sports appointed or assigned by the Events Manager position.
To be fully considered, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Assist Event Manager in coverage of ticketed sport events (men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball)
· Assigned event supervisor coverage to specific sports with cross-training to others so to enhance coverage service while also broadening available coverage pool of staff
o Cross Country (Phoenix Athletic, scholastic competitions, campus/community runs)
o Swim & Dive
· Coordinate and carry-out communication between visiting teams, officials’, and score table staff through the creation of guides for assigned sports.
· Provide coverage support to signature campus events and community rentals including:
o Spring Commencement
o Faculty / Staff Appreciation Picnic
o Phuture Phoenix
o Destination Imagination
o First Robotics
o WPS Solar Olympics
o Green Bay High School Graduations
o Back To School Store
o Shawano Sundrop Shootout
· Provide coverage to youth facility rentals that occur outside of building hours (i.e. Saturday evening and Sunday morning Turf Gym club practice rentals, outdoor softball and soccer rentals, camp and clinic coverage, etc.)
· Assist in facility scheduling and usage of the athletics and recreation facilities through Accruent Event Management Software (EMS)
· Provide supervisory and scheduling oversight of student event staff employees
· Assist in the set-up and tear down of athletic and recreation venues for all events.
· Provide strategies that will improve the overall performance of the department.
· Support administrative duties and other duties as assigned
· Be admitted in full academic standing to a graduate degree program at UW-Green Bay
· Be enrolled for a minimum of six credits of course work each semester and no fewer than 15 credits during the entire academic year
· Maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average for graduate courses
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.