Drake University's Athletics Department competes in the Missouri Valley Conference at the NCAA Division I level. Bulldog student-athletes thrive in the classroom and their respective field of play. Drake Athletics sport programs are considered Des Moines’ Hometown Team.
The department culture is predicated on a common value statement known as The Bulldog Way written by coaches, staff, and student-athletes. This intentional commitment to a championship culture is led by integrity, excellence, wanting the best for and best from one another, and aspiring to greatness provides a foundation for student-athletes, coaches, and athletics staff to study, work, and play.
Drake Athletics is seeking an Assistant Director of Video Production. This position will report to the Director of Video Production. The assistant director will be involved in filming, editing, color grading, audio mixing, and production. The Video Production unit is responsible for executing live video productions both in-venue and for The Valley on ESPN of which this position will be responsible for implementing and design.
The Assistant Director will also assist in developing and creating video content for the department’s needs such as intro videos, season recap videos, recognition events, Drake Relays Hall of Fame etc.. Opportunity for student and freelance supervision with production responsibilities. This position requires ability to work on nights and weekends.
This job requires an understanding of and compliance with the rules of the NCAA, the Missouri Valley Conference, and Drake University.
- Execute assigned live video productions both in-venue and for The Valley on ESPN.
- Assist in developing and creating video content for the department’s needs such as intro videos, season recap-videos, recognition events, Drake Relays Hall of Fame etc.
- Supervise student workers and freelance support with production responsibilities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
• One year in an athletic work environment in video production as a videographer/editor • Experience with in-venue productions, including creation of intro videos, and long-form content for team use • Ability to produce and direct broadcasts for The Valley on ESPN • Proficiency with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects required
• Strongly prefer experience working with Ross Carbonite switchers, NewTek Tricaster switchers, NewTek 3Play replay system and Ross XPression graphics, Daktronics Show Control systems
Drake University is a private, co-educational university located in the city of Des Moines, Iowa. The institution offers a number of undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as professional programs in law and pharmacy. Located in Des Moines, Iowa's capital city, the University is uniquely positioned to provide learning opportunities through partnerships with the city's bounty of businesses, schools, government and cultural activity. Drake is an NCAA Division I member and competes in the Missouri Valley Conference in all sports except football, men's tennis and crew. In football, Drake competes in the FCS NCAA Division I Pioneer Football League. In men's tennis, Drake competes in the Summit League and in crew, Drake competes in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.