Boston College Introduction
Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Account Manager - Ticket Sales & Services - position to start after 6/1/23
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsiblefor providing superior client service to all current and new season ticketmembers. The client service provided by the Account Manager is imperative andallows the organization to facilitate revenue generation and client retention.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES.
* Manages and organizes all Season Ticket MemberAccounts
* Retains and renews Season TicketMember accounts
* Pursues, solicits, andsells products and packages to new businesses, while also exploring opportunitiesto generate additional sales and revenue by up- selling current Season TicketMembers;
* Provides exceptionalclient service by attentively listening and comprehending the needs of SeasonTicket Members;
* Makes sales and servicecalls and schedules face-to-face appointments to discuss accounts and promptlyfollows up with the appropriate action to move the sales process forward;
* Manages Season TicketMembers accounts and schedules "Meet and Greet" opportunities with potentialclients throughout the season;
* Demonstrates thenecessary ability and drive to not only meet, but exceed team and personalrevenue goals;
* Participates andassists with Season Ticket Member needs and department events;
* Assists with the SeasonTicket Member upgrade process;
* Coordinates withinternal departments to ensure the quality of the overall Season Ticket Memberexperience is excellent;
* Helps create strategiesto generate additional revenue in regards to Season Ticket Member accounts;
* Informs and updates supervisorsimmediately if there are problems or unusual matters of significance that mayrequire corrective action regarding Season Ticket Members;
* Handles and resolvesall client complaints;
* Have the ability totrack all sales related activity in CRM;
* Performs other dutiesas assigned.
Base ($36,000) plus commission Requirements
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree required;
* 1-2 years' experience working in sales and/or client service;
* Proven track record of successful sales experience required.
* Must be proficient with Paciolan and related software;
* Must possess displayed competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
* Must have outstanding client service and interpersonal communication skills;
* Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
* Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
* Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
* Must have an interest and the ability to serve others;
* Must be self-directed and able to work independently
* Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the department and the University as a whole;
* Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be attuned to others by utilizing strong active listening skills;
* Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
* Must be able to identify problems, their sources and potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
* Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
* Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend games and other events as directed by their supervisor. Closing Statement
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.