Housing option will be provided to the hired applicant.
4 Year Degree
The Director of Equipment Services reports directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs. The Director of Equipment Services manages all aspects of the athletic equipment room for a Division I intercollegiate athletic program with 21 sports programs, including, but not limited to, purchasing/fiscal control, equipment inventory/distribution and awards/charity. The incumbent must have a thorough working knowledge of issuing, fitting, cleaning and maintaining athletic equipment as put forth by the Athletic Equipment Managers Association. The Director of Equipment Services is expected to have sound knowledge of NCAA, NEC and FDU rules, policies, procedures and traditions.
This position will also serve as the liaison to Under Armour and BSN Sports.
1. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
2. 3 to 5 years of work experience within an athletic equipment program, preferable at the collegiate level showing increased responsibility.
3. Working knowledge of NCAA, NEC and FDU rules and regulations.
4. Computer proficiency for spreadsheets, data management, and other applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) preferred.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with university staff, students and the general public.
6. Must have the ability to work effectively with an internationally diverse student-athlete population.
7. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
8. Must be able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and holidays.
9. Ability to act independently and display sound judgment in problem solving.
10. Ability to make decisions in high pressure situations.
11. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
12. Must have First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 Introductory Period.
13. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A DMV check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the DMV check.
14. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan located in Teaneck, NJ is home to 21 NCAA Division I teams. A member of the Northeast Conference, the Knights have had tremendous success in the classroom, in athletic competition, and giving back to the Bergen County community.
FDU became the first school in Northeast Conference history to win championships in women's volleyball, women's soccer, and men's soccer in the same season (2022). In 2023, the Burgundy and Blue also became the first school to win two games as a 16-seed in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, including an upset of #1 Purdue. From 2019, FDU has won 13 conference titles across men's soccer, men's basketball, women's basketball, women's indoor track & field, women's bowling, women's golf, and women's volleyball. FDU student-athletes were also recognized for their efforts in the community by winning the NEC Building Communities Award with over 3,000 community service hours. Other recent milestones include men's basketball winning the 2019 NEC championship and going on to win the first NCAA Tournament game in school history. In addition to recent championships, FDU also holds two NCAA National Championships in the sport of bowling (2006, 2010).