Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Athletics/CFO, the Manager of Athletic Finance and Administration, will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Athletics business unit. This position will primarily be responsible for financial planning, optimum resource allocation, efficient and effective financial reporting, budget forecasting and proper monitoring of financial process & procedures. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly collaborative team player who can analyze financials, systems, and processes in an effort to drive operational performance internally and externally.
- Lead all Intercollegiate Athletics daily fiscal functions with direct oversight of all accounting, auditing, control procedures and policies.
- Assist Deputy Director of Athletics/CFO in the gathering and compilation of data to be used in the creation of the department budget.
- Provide direct support to assigned sports and units and will work closely with respective sports and units to manage business functions.
- Monitor budget variances and prepare schedules to manage and forecast budget to actual financial results.
- Provide the Deputy Director of Athletics/CFO with reporting and analysis including executive reporting and various scorecards/performance metrics.
- Review and revise department fiscal policies and control procedures as required to comply with department, campus, conference and NCAA policies and requirements in addition to standard accounting procedures.
- Perform internal audits and monitor organizational performance and the necessary checks and balances on financial function activities to ensure controls are operating as designed.
- Tracks special, one-time special fund distributions from the NCAA and Sun Belt Conference to ensure expenditures are appropriate and compliant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
Two (2) years of directly related experience in financial management.
Experience in reconciliation management and reporting.
Demonstrated budget and financial reporting experience.
Experience managing confidential and sensitive data.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
Ability to problem-solve in an effective and positive manner, working from a solution-oriented, positive approach.
Ability to project, organize and administer budgets, and analyze and interpret financial data.
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and work with a broad range of people, using tact and diplomacy.
Must possess flexibility and versatility; able to perform in new, changing, or pressure situations; willing to try new and different methods or procedures and contribute to evolving work situations.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Strong organizational skills with ability to handle several major projects simultaneously.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of department and university stakeholders.
Ability to anticipate needs and potential problems.
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding students and employees as required by University policy and FERPA regulations.
Understanding of NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
The mission of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is to offer exceptional education informed by diverse world views striving to develop innovative leaders who advance knowledge. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredits the University, which offers undergraduates and graduates degrees in the arts, sciences, and professional programs. The University is a public research university with high research activity, an enrollment of over 18,000 students and 800 faculty members. UL Lafayette is the largest of nine universities in the University of Louisiana System. The University offers degree programs in 55 undergraduate disciplines, 15 post-bachelor certificates, seven graduate certificates, the master’s degree in 28 disciplines and the doctorate in 10 disciplines. Additional information about the University is available on the University webpage at http://louisiana.edu./
Located midway between New Orleans and Houston, Lafayette is the heart of Louisiana’s Acadian-Creole region. The city of over 126,000 is part of the Lafayette-Acadiana area, which has a total population of 616,000 and is one of Louisiana’s fastest-growing metropolitan area...s. Lafayette serves as the base of Louisiana’s offshore oil industry, as well as the financial, retail, and medical center for South-Central Louisiana.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities as required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act of 1974 and 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.-See more at http://personnel.louisiana.edu/employment-opportunities/policy-nondiscrimination