Maryville University is an innovative leader in higher education, forging a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunity for all. Through our MaryvilleWORKS workforce development program and our My LifeTrek platform, Maryville connects learners, universities, and businesses in a trusted learning ecosystem that empowers learners worldwide to define and achieve their career goals and optimizes workforce development for businesses. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a passionate and driven Sales Account Executive to join our team and play a key role in driving our product adoption and market expansion for our My LifeTrek platform and MaryvilleWORKS program.
As a Sales Account Executive, you will be a crucial part of our sales team, responsible for promoting and selling our innovative educational technology solutions to businesses, educational institutions, and non-profits. Your primary goal will be to build strong relationships with prospects and clients, identify their unique needs, and effectively communicate the value of our products to drive revenue growth.
Key Responsibilities: 1. Customer Relationship Management: Develop and maintain positive, long-term relationships with prospects, customers, and key stakeholders in the education sector. Understand their challenges and needs to position our product as a valuable solution.
2. Sales Strategy Development: Collaborate with the sales team and leadership to strategize and execute effective sales plans, including prospecting, lead generation, and sales pipeline management.
3. Product Demonstration: Conduct compelling product demonstrations tailored to the specific requirements and pain points of potential customers, showcasing how our technology can optimize workforce development and improve individual educational outcomes.
4. Lead Generation: Proactively seek out new business opportunities through research, cold-calling, networking events, trade shows, and partnerships. Evaluate and qualify leads to inform your priorities.
5. Sales Presentations: Deliver persuasive presentations to potential clients, effectively articulating the features, benefits, and competitive advantages of our products. Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and deliver outstanding presentations and proposals.
6. Sales Negotiation: Skillfully negotiate contract terms, pricing, and packages to maximize sales revenue while ensuring customer satisfaction.
7. Market Research: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitors, and industry developments to provide valuable insights for continuous product improvement and market positioning.
8. Sales Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, and opportunities using CRM tools.
9. Achieve Sales Targets: Meet and exceed individual and team sales targets to contribute significantly to the overall growth of the company.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, or a related field.
Proven track record of at least 5 years in B2B sales, preferably within the ed tech or technology industry.
Ability to travel nationwide as needed up to 30%
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Familiarity with CRM software and sales tools.
Passion for expanding access and opportunity for all through education.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Maryville University is a selective, comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution more than 6,000 students. Maryville offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels to students from 50 states and 32 countries. Consistently ranked as a top private school by Forbes and Kiplinger's, Maryville has been named the Number 1 Over-performing University in the nation by US News and World Report for the last two years. Maryville's athletics teams compete in 20 intercollegiate sports at the NCAA Division II level in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. Founded in 1872, the University is ideally situated on 130 picturesque acres in West St. Louis County.