The Assistant AD, Communications and Brand Management (Athletics Communications & Strategic Marketing Specialist) is responsible for coordinating digital and creative content, communications, brand management, and ensuring integration with marketing and game-day operations staff. Utilizes knowledge and skills to increase recruitment efforts, fan engagement, and revenue generation through creating video and graphic content, compelling stories, and marketing and promotional strategies while maintaining the CSUSB athletics brand.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships, as well as serve as the department’s liaison for information and communications contact, including but not limited to local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Coordinate and maintain the CSUSB Athletics Website including but not limited to the creation of season previews, game recaps, storytelling, and human-interest stories.
- Serve as the archivist for statistical and historical records. - Provide lead work direction of student paraprofessionals, including but not limited to statistics, video production, digital media, content creation, and broadcast.
- Facilitate, recommend, and implement strategic and long-term communications policies and procedures.
- Coordinate department audio and video production.
- Provide staff with vision for content creation, production, and execution of communications and marketing strategies for all sports programs.
- Coordinate student-athlete nominations for university, CCAA conference, NCAA, and national awards and honors.
- Branding and licensing for the department.
- Assist with execution of ticket sales and strategies.
- Recruitment and lead for sport specific game day media operations for all home intercollegiate athletics and championship events.
- Primary contact for all departmental communication, including but not limited to conference and national office athletics communications.
- Determines appropriate budget expenditures relative to the implementation of marketing/promotion and communication plans.
- Authorizes dissemination of all internal and external marketing and promotional materials.
California State University San Bernardino (CSUSB) is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually.
The Cal State San Bernardino Coyotes athletic programs which were established in 1984, compete in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) and in the NCAA Division II. CSUSB sponsors ten intercollegiate sports; four men’s sports of baseball, basketball, golf, and soccer and seven women’s sports of basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, track and field, and volleyball.