The Director of Basketball Operations assists with the organization and supervision of all logistical aspects of the Women’s Basketball Team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
1. Oversee Women’s Basketball team travel:
• Coordinates all travel for the Women’s Basketball team including hotel reservations, flight arrangements and transportation to and from the campus/airport and airport/hotel. • Produces all travel itineraries for away games. • Coordinates meals for games. • Responsible for travel budget and ensuring travel expenses remain in budget.
2. Oversee Women’s Basketball Scheduling:
Staff Liaison for facility scheduling with the UML Facility department as well as with men’s basketball.
Scheduling shoot around times for UML as well as opponents.
Manage WBB Team Schedule with Sport Supervisor, also distribute team calendar to appropriate personnel.
3. Oversee Women’s Basketball Equipment Budget:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of women’s basketball team equipment budget and ensure fiscal responsibility. • Responsible for developing budget proposal for annual budget process. • Produces equipment bids/proposals for submission to the Athletic Department Business office.
4. Manage On-Campus Recruiting:
• Organizing and scheduling on campus unofficial / official visits. • Preparing Official/Unofficial Visit forms in ARMS.
5. Oversight of Team Managers:
• Designate assignments/game duties for practice and away games. • Coordinate team film exchange for both away and home games using Synergy/Keymotion. • Manage employee schedule for team managers ensuring appropriate coverage.
6. Assist with logistical aspects within the function of the women’s basketball program:
• Point of contact for visiting teams. • Manages and plans team events and functions. Coordinates women’s basketball alumni day. • Develops summer camp marketing and promotional material. Assists will all aspects of summer camps. • Manage Practice Player team.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed. • Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information. • Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
1-3 years in basketball operations or equivalent experience in office management/administration
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
Proficiency with Synergy and Keymotion video software
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a Non-Unit, Professional position, Grade P15.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.