Virginia Military Institute is seeking an experienced individual to join the Athletics Department as the Assistant Athletic Director- Corporate Partnerships.
The Assistant Athletic Director- Corporate Partnerships provides leadership in corporate sponsorship operations within the Athletics Department to include, generating new corporate partnerships, stewarding current relationships, sponsorship activation, licensing and serving as a liaison to the VMI Keydet Club.
• Manages corporate sponsorships, generating new corporate partnerships, stewarding current relationships and managing sponsorship activation.
• Serves as a liaison to the VMI Keydet Club.
• Responsible for oversight of game-day promotions and experiences to grow fan attendance, connect with the community, and create excitement at home athletic events.
• Manages the development of revenue generation initiatives including strategic partnerships and external contracts such as multi-media rights, apparel partner, licensing, and merchandising. This may involve working with a multi-media partner.
• Success in establishing positive relationships with boosters, alumni, students, faculty and staff. Able to work productively with the university and the community.
• Able to foster positive interpersonal relationships and professional image with external and internal constituencies by adhering to customer service standards.
• Commitment to following NCAA and Conference affiliation rules. Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information. Able to work under tight deadlines with limited resources and multiple competing priorities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or Associate AD for External Operations.
•Bachelor's Degree required.
• Ability to multi-task, plan, organize and execute day-to-day operations; work under deadlines and maintain a detail-oriented and highly confidential approach.
•Ability to prioritize and delegate the flow of work.
•Demonstrated computer competency and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, lnDesign, Premiere).
• Ability to take initiative in organizing programs, planning events, preparing materials, and interacting effectively with members of the athletic department and the post.
VMI is a public, four-year, undergraduate military college (1,200 students) located in the historic Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Lexington (population 7,000) offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere, a relaxed rural pace, and a diverse economic base to make life both pleasant and rewarding.