Albertus Magnus College (NCAA Division III) invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position in the department of sports information. Albertus Magnus is a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) and currently sponsors 17 varsity sports – men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s tennis, women’s volleyball, field hockey, men’s golf, men’s and women’s basketball, women’s and men’s swimming & diving, baseball, softball and men’s and women’s lacrosse. Effective for the 2024-25 academic year, the women’s and men’s ice hockey programs will compete as a member of the New England Hockey Conference.
Specific Duties include:
Serving as a primary media contact for both ice hockey programs and other assigned sports, compilation of game statistics and all-time records, completing reports and nominations for NCAA, GNAC, and regional honors, oversight of event management, assisting with the athletics website and social media sites, and coordinating the video efforts and video streaming of the athletic department.
- Produce timely press releases and score reporting, game/feature stories, game programs and record books.
- Effectively utilize new technology such as video and social media to market, promote, and enhance the visibility of Albertus Magnus Athletics in line with department goals.
- Responsible for maintaining statistics during all home ice hockey events and selected sports, as well as working with the Sports Information Director, media, and SIDs from other college campuses to ensure that results are disseminated as quickly and effectively as possible to all external media outlets.
- Work with appropriate staff members and coaches to nominate student-athletes for academic and athletic honors, scholarships and awards.
- Independently responsible for setting up and assisting with game prep for home athletic competitions and various game operations needs prior to the start/conclusion of all home athletic events.
- Assist in supervising both interns and graduate assistants, along with work study students.
- Will also assist with other departmental projects as needed.
Two or more years of significant experience in a sports information environment. Candidates with related communications, digital content creation, or external affairs will be considered.
Master’s preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience with Genius/NCAA Live Stats, StatCrew, and PrestoSports platforms.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
Applicants should be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Indesign, MS Office Suite, as well as video editing and streaming programs.
Strong graphic design, video editing, and social media analytics skills are required.
Albertus Magnus College thrives as a diverse and dynamic institution serving 1,500 students in three distinct degree programs: traditional undergraduate, accelerated adult undergraduate and master’s degrees. Through its liberal arts and professional educational offerings and its long- standing excellence in student-centered, values-based education, Albertus Magnus College is a shining example of modern day education. The Albertus campus provides a distinctive environment for students, faculty and staff. The College’s 50-acre, park-like campus, within walking distance to downtown New Haven, is located in one of the city’s most distinguished residential neighborhoods, Prospect Hill, which features both early 20th century mansions and modern architectural gems. Numerous academic, student services, and athletic facilities grace the campus, which serve as an attraction to prospective students. The Mission Statement of Albertus Magnus College is to provide men and women with an education that promotes the search for truth in all its dimensions and is practical in its application.