Administrative Coordinator, Iron Dukes Major Gifts
Duke University Athletics
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: 176488
This role provides direct administrative support to the Assistant Director of Athletics/Iron Dukes Major Gifts in the Iron Dukes office with efforts to fundraise for Duke University Athletics. Additionally, the person in this role will collaborate with Development Officers, the Iron Dukes Varsity Club and Annual Fund by assisting in all Iron Dukes special events and office initiatives.
· Directly assist the Assistant Director of Athletics / Iron Dukes Major Gifts on administrative tasks as assigned.
· Provide database assistance to the Assistant Director of Athletics/Iron Dukes Major Gifts by entering information in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Process all gift documents correctly and facilitate necessary information to the appropriate staff members.
· Coordinate travel arrangements for the Assistant Director of Athletics/ Iron Dukes Major Gifts. This includes drafting emails to donors on the development officer’s behalf, coordinate plane and hotel accommodations, locate meeting space, and clearing all trip expenses for the development officer.
· Provide stewardship assistance by drafting emails, notes, and sending mail on the Assistant Director of Athletics/ Iron Dukes Major Gifts’ behalf to Iron Duke members.
· Manage ticket lists as directed by the Assistant Director of Athletics/ Iron Dukes Major Gifts.
· Provide game day support for Duke Football and Duke Men’s Basketball.
· Assist in organizing staff meetings.
· Provide Iron Dukes special event assistance.
· Perform standard front desk responsibilities.
· Other tasks as assigned and needed
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. For best consideration candidates should have at least two to three years of administrative office support and/or experience working in college athletics and/or philanthropy.
Work requires advanced knowledge of MS office, with a particular emphasis in Excel.
Candidate should have strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, be successful at completing tasks with sensitive deadlines, and adhere to confidentiality requirements. Having an understanding of college athletics and/or philanthropy would be preferred.
Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina. Duke is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and sponsors 27 varsity sports, Recreation and Physical Education and the Duke University Golf Club.