The Associate Director of Digital Marketing will help lead the way for Tennessee Athletics' digital marketing and web strategy. Goals will be to promote attendance, generate revenue, and tell the story of the fan experience to all of Vol Nation. This position will coordinate digital marketing efforts using the official Tennessee Athletic web sites (UTSports.com/AllVols.com), digital/social advertising, and email marketing & automation. As well as work with a variety of units to include Fan Experience, Ticket Sales, Tennessee Fund, 151 Creative, VFL Films and Communications to cohesively communicate with the fan base. Maintain knowledge of current national trends and future trends to ensure the digital marketing and web efforts in athletics is operating at a high level. Proactively identify areas for digital marketing improvement. Lead student intern staff to further expand Tennessee’s digital marketing and web content. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage all aspects of all digital marketing/advertising campaigns including strategy, audience, campaign planning, implementation and analysis. · Collaborate with Communications, Fan Experience, Ticket Sales/Operations, The Tennessee Fund and The Vol Network to ensure alignment of communication. Work with 151 Creative and VFL Films to curate content for use on athletics emails, official athletics website, and digital campaigns that invites readers to take action. · Ensure execution of marketing automation within email marketing tool, including follow-up campaigns. · Work with Director of Development, Strategy & Analytics to create leads and grow databases by way of lead generation, display, re-targeting and social media strategies. · Develop content and communication strategy for the Tennessee Athletics mobile app to drive downloads, deliver relevant information, and enhance the game day experience. · Oversee the management of Tennessee Athletics website through the SIDEARM content management system and other micro websites. Update select content on UTSports.com and AllVols.com · Ability to think creatively to optimize web strategy and develop innovative digital media information strategies to increase engagement with fans on a national level. · Train and support paid-intern(s) for daily updates, page edits to UTSports.com and AllVols.com. Train and support other Athletics Department staff on the use of UTSports.com, AllVols.com.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Digital Communications, Sport Management or other related field is required.
Two or more years of experience in digital marketing, email marketing, email automation, advertising, content management system of a website. Previous experience in collegiate athletics is preferred.
· Knowledge of web management, content management systems and maintenance for the daily operation of a website, preferably in communications or athletics field.
· Familiarity with Google Marketing Platform and email automation
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects occurring within a short timeframe; must be very detail-oriented.
· Basic working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
· Skilled in digital, content management and marketing best practices (preferred).
· Ability to work as a member of a team and/or independently in a fast-paced environment (preferred).
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required (preferred).
· Digitally savvy with graphic design and/or digital marketing (preferred).
Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
· Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness.
· Adherence to University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
· Commitment to the Athletics Department and University’s mission.
· Flexible to various scheduling to include nights, weekend work and some holidays.