Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, retirement plan with an employer contribution, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, parental leave program, vacation, and more.
Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits.
4 Year Degree
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate all aspects of the daily recruiting operational and logistical processes within the Ohio Football Program.
1. Player Personnel – Serves as the football program’s primary manager of communication efforts to prospective student-athletes/recruits and high school coaches. Responsible for the daily operations of recruiting.
• Directs, organizes and administers the (12) month vision of the Recruiting Calendar (mail, video, graphics, social media (Designs and administers questionnaires for high school recruits; a tool utilized by coaches to initiate contact with prospective student-athletes, compile accurate information, determines the interest of the student-athlete, and may result in acceptance of an un-official visit to Ohio University. • Identifies, collects data and video on recruits to provide direction to the coaching staff through available and permissible sources (e.g., recruiting services, internet, event website, etc.). • Creates and updates recruiting lists at the direction of the coaching staff. • Monitors permissible recruiting websites, at the direction of the coaching staff, to provide updates on committed recruits and recruits identified by coaches. • Creates, sends and documents all correspondence with recruits regarding official visits in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. • Coordinates correspondence for football recruit’s National Letters of Intent. Oversees supervision of follow-up with the Compliance Office on each signee. • Monitors and works collaboratively with the coaches on communication of updates/changes in the rules (Mid-American Conference and NCAA).
2. Player Personnel – Develops, directs and administers the on-campus recruitment for the football program.
• Supervises and delegates responsibilities to student personnel support (Recruiting Assistants). • Serves as a liaison between all departments regarding on-campus recruiting matters (compliance, academic services, strength and conditioning, sports medicine, travel, business operations, parking, tickets, etc.). • Management and execution of official and un-official campus recruiting visits (itineraries, travel, hotel, hosts, meals, name tags, seating charts, compliance paperwork, etc.). • Coordinates, secures and filing of transcripts, test scores, and school officials’ signature per NCAA rules and regulations for recruits in collaboration with the Compliance and Student Services staff. • Coordinates completion and submission of required NCAA and Ohio University forms and expense reports.
3. Player Personnel – Manages and oversees recruiting database through software application; data monitoring and validation.
• Monitors the number of contacts and evaluations conducted by the coaching staff and collaborates with the Compliance & Student Services staff to ensure records are consistent and in observance with Mid-American Conference and NCAA rules and regulations. • Delegates updates to the recruiting database.
Bachelor’s degree required. At least 3 years of experience with a Division I intercollegiate athletics football program required. At least 1 year of management experience required.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org