The Graduate Assistant for Creative Content is a 20 hour per week graduate assistantship in the Department of Athletics. This position supports the external affairs unit within the department with a focus on USC Upstate athletic department digital content creation. This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director for Video Services and Digital Strategy.
Specific Duties will include:
· Manage the digital content strategy for the department while creating various types of content for the department athletic programs on various digital platforms.
· Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Video Services and Digital Strategy and Digital Strategy daily with operational tasks surrounding the planning, creation and implementation of the social and digital strategy.
· Work with the Assistant Athletic Director for Video Services and Digital Strategy in creation of social content which includes but not limited to videos, hype videos, intro videos, interviews, graphics, and photography.
· Collaborate with marketing, communications, ticketing, and development to execute strategies to create unique promotional content for programs and student-athletes.
· Assist with the planning and execution of the annual student-athlete awards event (April).
· Organize and manage student worker staff and photo/video equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director of External Operations and Assistant Athletic Director for Video Services and Digital Strategy.
· Position requires the ability to work night and weekends.
Acceptance into the Master of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management (MSEM) program at the University of South Carolina, Columbia or any Master’s program at USC Upstate
Must be accepted as a graduate student to accept this graduate assistant appointment
Successful background check
Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Previous experience in intercollegiate athletics
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Premiere Pro
Skills in video editing, graphic design and camera operation
Understanding and/or desire to work with multiple social media accounts and platforms
Comfort with juggling multiple tasks
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, coaches, and supporters
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Attention to detail
Stipend of $1,000 per month for a 9 month academic year, with the possibility of a summer appointment
Out-of-state tuition waiver, if applicable (valued at approximately $12,000 to $16,000 per year depending upon how many hours the candidate attempts). Candidate is responsible for in-state tuition and related fees, which is approximately $10,300 to $14,000 per year depending upon how many hours the candidate attempts
USC Upstate Parking Permit
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender (including transgender), gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDs status, military status, national origin, pregnancy (false pregnancy, termination of pregnancy, childbirth, recovery therefrom or related medical conditions, breastfeeding), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other bases under federal, state, local law, or regulations.
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university, a senior institution of the University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked USC Upstate No. 1 among Top Public Regional Colleges in the South. USC Upstate has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars. In addition, students and faculty from over 25 nations reflect the university’s international character. Located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country, the campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina. USC Upstate is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for faculty, staff, and administrators. We are an EOE/AA employer and are strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity.