K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for an ASSISTANT ATHLETICS DIRECTOR FOR COMPLIANCE, which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
• Research and provide accurate rules interpretations to coaches, staff, student-athletes, and representatives of athletics interest
• Prepare rules education materials and presentations to deliver to coaches, staff, student-athletes and others
• Assist in coordinating annual rules education calendar
• Recruiting: Coordinate, conduct and maintain a comprehensive recruiting monitoring system for official/unofficial visits, off-campus recruiting, camps/clinics, telephone calls/text messages, etc. –OR— Financial Aid: Coordinate NLI and scholarship program working collaboratively with campus to monitor team and individual scholarship limits, scholarship check distribution, and oversee book distribution process
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the compliance office as necessary
Bachelor’s Degree at time of application
One to two years of full-time experience working in NCAA Division I athletics compliance
Experience using SRO, LSDBi and other applicable NCAA programs and computer software
Experience and knowledge working with NCAA Bylaws
Three to four years of full-time experience working in NCAA Division I athletics compliance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
K-State new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless granted an exemption by the university) by January 4, 2022 or their first day of employment. To learn more about this requirement and potential exemptions, please visit K-State’s COVID-19 website.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Ability to make independent, informed and decisive decisions in a demanding environment
Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
Cover letter indicating your qualifications for the position
Resume with three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
LIVABILITY: 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live -- Manhattan, KS ranked #2
KSA Family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hA_nUQHRJA&list=PL7MqytzxG6db56D7MX9s1Xa2Bh3D2dHZR
KSA Facilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGK0fuAlJs&list=PL7MqytzxG6db56D7MX9s1Xa2Bh3D2dHZR&index=3
KSA – Life in Manhattan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uz5W51vk0
Visit Manhattan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrSSMxdm1U