An exciting opportunity as the Director of Communications & Media Relations. As the Director of Communications & Media Relations, you will be responsible for shaping and executing the Nebraska Pro Volleyball communication strategy. You will work closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective communication plans that enhance our brand reputation and drive engagement.
• Lead strategy and content creation for the NPV/Omaha Supernovas website. Including but not limited to, methods to deliver messages, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
• Measure and report on the performance of all digital analytics, to measure trends and assess consumer behavior, to include website and media coverage.
• Produce valuable, engaging, and informative content for season ticketholders, fans, and the media.
• Content creation and deployment of all news releases, media advisories, talking points, speeches for executives and players (as needed), and message coordination with the League.
• In collaboration with VP of Corporate Partnership & Ticketing and team members, develop website strategies and tactics to drive customer behavior and qualified inbound leads to the corporate partnerships and ticket sales teams.
• Marketing & Public Affairs Team point for external engagement coordination with VP of Corporate Partnership & Ticketing Team.
• Bachelor's degree in communication/journalism, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum of five years of experience in sports related communication, media relations, and content creation, preferably in Collegiate Athletics and/or Professional Leagues.
• Up to date with the latest developments and best practices in analytics and data-driven measuring.
• Experience in working with technology platforms and software associated with digital and traditional marketing and communications.
• Creative Suite – includes photoshop, lightroom, InDesign. • Adobe • Word Press • Ability to work with a wide range of individuals from coaches, athletes, to media contacts, and corporate representatives, dignitaries, and event staff.
• Proven strength in communication (written, verbal, and associated technologies). • Detail-oriented problem-solver who can employ leadership, critical thinking, time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods, lift, and move equipment up to 50 pounds.
• Flexibility in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive attitude, creativity, integrity, and accountability.
• Willing to learn and have the ability to adjust as priorities change.
The Omaha Supernovas aims to be the premier home of professional volleyball throughout the world. The team is owned by global music sensation Jason Derulo and entrepreneurs Danny White and Chris Erickson, Co-Founders of City+Ventures, an investment and business acceleration organization headquartered in Omaha. The Omaha Supernovas is part of the Pro Volleyball Federation, which is REAL pro volleyball and the premier women’s professional volleyball league in North America.