The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, is searching for qualified applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant Coach for the Women’s Diving program beginning either July 2020 or August 2020. 24 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the Diving coach in the total administration of the women’s diving program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Head Diving coach with planning, organizing and leading a highly competitive Division I women’s diving program. 2. Contribute to developing and implementing daily, weekly and seasonal training plans, and a complementary diving specific dryland program – working in conjunction with the department’s strength & conditioning staff.
3. Provide aid for development and implementation of a successful domestic and international recruiting plan.
4. Responsible for being a beacon of hard work and balance between athletics and academics for the student athletes.
5. Ensure all relevant institutional, Athletic Department, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations are followed.
6. Promote a positive environment to encourage student-athletes to strive for academic and athletic excellence.
7. Assist in preparing and planning for home meet operations and travel meet plans. Encourage the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
8. Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with sports medicine, academic services, strength & Conditioning, Campus Recreation and other support areas.
9. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position
10. Travel with the team to circumstantial competition, and oversee video analysis systems.
11. Influences the degree of diversity in the recruitment of student-athletes and employees. Strives to improve or enhance the environment to support a divers population
Must qualify for acceptance into desired program at the U of I
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, computer skills and commitment to all University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA regulations.
Previous diver or coach at a Division 1 conference or a successful club team.
Application: Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information to Manny Pollard, Head Diving Coach, email@example.com
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to May 22, 2020. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Keiko Price, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration. Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu). Appointments to security sensitive positions (working with children younger than 18 years of age, handling large amounts of cash or controlled substances, providing direct patient medical care, etc.) require passing an extensive background check before the appointment can be made.
Additional Salary Information: Per NCAA rules, compensation will not exceed the value of a full grant-in-aid for a full time in-state student.
About University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is charged by our state to enhance the lives of citizens in Illinois, across the nation and around the world through our leadership in learning, discovery, engagement and economic development.