Cheshire Academy seeks a Head Girls Varsity Softball Coach for the upcoming spring 2022 season.
1. Direct coaching responsibilities inclusive of: program organization, practice planning, game preparation/management, and overall student-athlete development following the mission statement and core values of Cheshire Academy.
2. Support CA commitment to student-athletes through prioritization of student academic success, character development, social emotional learning, and community involvement.
3. Yearly recruitment and retention of highly skilled mission-appropriate student-athletes.
4. In collaboration with the College Counseling Office, provide guidance to student athletes engaged in the NCAA recruitment process.
5. Administrative tasks including, but not limited to: continuous communication with the athletic department, prepare and update team rosters, oversee individual and team stats, provide game wrap ups to media outlets and CA website, utilize game filming with Hudl, attend league and conference meetings for NEPSAC league.
6. Provide end of season collection of information, uniforms, award winners, and season review.
7. Create a competitive, fun, and positive environment for all student athletes.
Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to Kristin Welage, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required
Proven softball coaching experience at the college/high school and/or premier level. Previous recruiting experience required.
Experience with or extensive knowledge of independent day and boarding schools preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Must demonstrate energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students/families.
Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a range of parents, students, faculty, and staff as a Head Coach.
Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
Must be a demonstrated leader.
Passion for and experience with recruiting and supporting a culture of inclusion and diversity.
Employment Diversity Statement
Cheshire Academy is an internationally minded college-preparatory school with a diverse student body representing over 31 different countries. We are fully committed to hiring and retaining faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of our student body. Candidates should demonstrate dedication to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice within our community. We encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Cheshire Academy, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. Cheshire Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Founded in 1794, Cheshire Academy is a co-educational college preparatory boarding and day school serving students in grades 9-PG. Our student body, comprised of approximately 344 students from over thirty countries and nineteen states, has the opportunity to pursue the International Baccalaureate Diploma in grades 11 and 12. We challenge our students to maximize their potential by developing the confidence, character, and critical thinking skills that enable them to thrive as global citizens.
The Cheshire Academy Athletics program offers more than 20 competitive sports programs for boys and girls, as well as a range of non-competitive athletic activities. At CA, students participate in a competitive team sport for two of the three seasons (fall, winter, spring)
of every academic year as part of an afternoon program. Athletics is an important priority because it encourages all students to take pride in contributing to something bigger than themselves. Students build new relationships with classmates, learning how to work as a team and support one another. They struggle and succeed together in new or higher-level challenges, and they continue to be lifelong learners through the...se afternoon activities. Seasoned coaches with experience at the collegiate, semi-pro, and pro levels lead many Cheshire Academy teams.